Dezna Outreach Centre is Smiles newest project with an ambitious objective to create facilities able to impact the community locally and across the world from young to old with a changed life!
From what Smiles currently have, we are seeking help from skilled Tradesmen to develop and finish the buildings for powerful outreach programmes to begin in June 2019.
The Building referred to as ‘Casa Torch’ (Light House) has required some urgent repair and renovation work following years of neglect before Smiles took over responsibility for completing the project and enabling Activities to function.
Teams are needed from January 2019 to fulfill the Work and to ensure by June 2019 we are ready to begin the ‘CAMPS’ planned to operate throughout the summer. Children and Young People from Romania and the United Kingdom, possibly even from America, will be able to attend Camp for a week or two focused on ‘serving Christ through serving Others’. The Camp will also provide time of worship, bible study and learning of the Call upon everyone to ‘GO’.
They will also enjoy fun of exploring the outdoors, competitions and activities at Casa Torch along with the special experiences of ‘Camp Fire’ at night where the focus is on our relationship with Christ and important decisions of life will be made.
We also have plans to build a Residential Centre for up to 20 Elderly and Disabled who need 24/7 care. This will include a special provision for Blind & Partially Sighted people who struggle with life on their own.
Full details of the vision and more precise detail of need for skilled tradesmen is available from the Smiles Foundation office or by direct contact with our Founder & CEO – Kevin Hoy on email@example.com
Here we have detailed a reasonably quick guide to the Schedule of Works needed for Completion of the Facility at Casa Torch and then the major building project for Dezna Residential Facility.
Please consider if you can help or know someone who could and ensure they get to see these details. If you have any questions whatsoever, please do not delay contacting Kevin by e-mail or through the Leeds office.
Casa Torch (Light House) (Dezna Schedule – pdf)
PLUMBERS, ELECTRICIANS, BUILDERS, FINISHERS
- Four (4) en-suite Bathrooms need installing within current rooms, so stud walls, plumbing, electrics and fitting. Followed by Tiling and Finishing for all rooms.
- Eight (8) Bedrooms require patched Plasterboard repair where damaged, re-skimmed and painted.
- Five (5) current Bathrooms require some repairs and replacements to Pipes. Boxing-in of exposed Pipes desirable. Shower units to be checked and replaced where necessary. Tiling to be repaired or replaced as necessary. Re-Paint where necessary.
- Some radiator pipes to be repaired.
- Some Smoke Alarm Wires/Cables need to be buried in walls/ceilings.
- Electrical Sockets (Outlets) need replacing.
- Complete Kitchen needs refitting with new furniture.
- Window Sills needs replacement with UPVC fittings.
- Some lower walls on ground floor need damp plaster taken down, walls treated for Damp and re-plastered. Painted.
- Five (5) rooms require laying flooring of ceramic tiles and/or wood laminate.
- Entire Building will need a repaint as all works are completed.
Hallways and Stairwells:
- Ceiling Plasterboard to be replaced and re-skimmed. Re-painted.
DEZNA RESIDENTIAL FACILITY for Elderly and Disabled
BUILDERS, ROOFERS, BRICKLAYING, ELECTRICIANS, PLUMBERS, PLASTERERS, FINISHERS for Ceilings, Walls and Floors.
Demolish Lean-to (Out Building Frame) from old house.
Clear and Grade site – Remove roots/Trees/Plants and clear up to 10cm of loose soil to avoid it running into Footings.
Map out Footings for the entire site. Dig the Footings and DRAIN RUNS!
Brickwork up to Finish Floor Height.
(Need – Skilled Bricklayers and then Unskilled labour to move materials and mix cement)
Infill the concrete base. Use metal mesh for reinforcement.
Under the concrete 10cm-15cm of hardcore/rubble. This can be significantly more if we need to raise the floor levels. A plastic sheet (membrane) before concreting which acts as a damp proof. All pipes that run under the building are in place BEFORE concreting.
All Pipes need to be covered in pea shingle (Small Stones) 10mm ish.
(Need – Skilled supervisor for Pouring Concrete and lots of labour to move it!)
Brickwork up to the Plate (roof line) Straight forward brick laying.
(Need – Skilled Bricklayers and lots of labour to move materials)
At this stage we will be erecting a pitched roof.
(Need – Skilled or semi-skilled. No room here for non-skilled!)
A Pitch Roof – Felt, batten and Tile. (Need – Skilled plus labour for materials)
This can also be done BEFORE step 7.
Fascia’s, Soffits and Gutters. (Need – Skilled)
Fit Exterior Windows and Doors (Need – Skilled)
This will have the building at Wind & Water Tight.
STEP 10 and beyond for Finishing:
1. Carpenters for internal doors unless UPVC used then installed by Skilled company.
2. Tilers for Floors (as required)
3. Laminate Floor laying (as required)
4. Plasterers for Inside and Outside Render
5. Plumbers for Bathrooms and Kitchen
6. Electrician for Lighting and Sockets
7. Painters for all Building
(Dezna Schedule – pdf)