Praise God for …
1. A New Year to share the Love of God through working in Romania.
2. Progress made with various projects as we work on the restructure of Field Projects.
3. Children’s after-school success through Monica in Tileagd and Alina in Rapa.
4. 111 residents cared for in Smiles Care Homes and more to come we pray.
5. New members of staff who joined Smiles recently at the Glasshouse and Residential facilities.
6. The Support Smiles receives month by month that enables the work to continue.
7. Volunteers who give so generously of their time and resources, Fund-raising all the time.
8. The entire Smiles Staff, all Romanian Nationals including the Enterprise Initiative (Sminro) who all serve faithfully to help share the Love of God and enable the poor and disadvantaged to have a better life. We are thankful for the work being directed by the Romanian Management Team, Maria, Georgi and Adi who serve daily with Kevin.
9. The wonderful work of all our Volunteers, Ambassadors and Key People sharing the opportunities and needs for people to get involved with Smiles.
10. The work of The Smiles Foundation in transforming lives in the Name of Christ.
Please pray for …
1. Continued success in sharing the Good News of the Gospel through our Projects and for more people to make confessions of faith.
2. The Planning and Meetings for the 2018 restructuring of several projects.
3. The Operational Procedure for the new Tileagd Assisted Living facility. New staff and increased budget to support the requests for residents. Construction Costs to July 2017 were £60,941/$79,223 – please support with a special gift towards this work. £35,232 ($45,801) has been received to date.
4. Luke Wathen in his full-time role for Smiles as a Development Ambassador. For his schedule of presentations and fund-raising events in the UK during January – March 2018.
5. The ongoing discipleship and support work in RAPA with Pastor Vasile and Alina, the Community Worker, who is Teaching the Literacy and After-School classes.
6. JFL Disability Centre operating costs to be covered by continued donations, fund-raising and sponsorship. Also the capital debt to be reduced, currently outstanding is £31,525 ($40,982)
7. All the plans being made and discussed for 2018. That more people will take the step of faith to ‘GO’ and then plan to ‘COME’ for a Hands On Mission Experience! That more trips will be confirmed for the first half of the year.
8. The continuing response and follow up to Sponsorship, Fund-raising and Development. For Barbara and Luke’s work with volunteers and supporters and the follow up of all those interested to know more and to be more involved.
9. The UK Head Office – for all the work Dawn undertakes through-out the year.
10. That God will reveal Himself to the 1,500 + people we serve in His Name every day in Romania – that through the projects you support, people may come to know the One, True, Living God.