Please pray for us because when you pray, God hears more than what you say, answers more than we ask and gives more than we imagine in His own time and in His own way.
Praise God for:
- The weddings celebrated in Smiles during September of Anita & Ionut and Georgi & Florin.
- A new academic year beginning at Tileagd School & Nursery with 120 children registered.
- The NEW Tileagd Assisted Living Facility and the Residents now settling into a new home.
- The Medical Services we offer through several projects month by month and for the work professional volunteers provide over the years. This month we thank God for Chris & Pat Calow and all they have done for more than 10 years.
- The wonderful response in Northern Ireland for the Container being filled and for a safe journey to Romania and the unload on September 19th.
- The Thankful Hearts within Smiles who appreciate the love and support shown to them in Christ.
- Volunteers who give so generously of their time and resources, Fund-raising all the time.
- The entire Smiles Staff, now 115 Romanian Nationals including the Enterprise Initiative (Sminro) who all serve faithfully month by month to help share the Love of God and enable the poor and disadvantaged to have a better life. We are thankful for the work being directed by the Romanian Management Team, Maria, Georgi and Adi who serve daily with Kevin.
- The wonderful work of all our Volunteers, Ambassadors and Key People sharing the opportunities and needs for people to get involved with Smiles.
- The work of The Smiles Foundation in transforming lives in the Name of Christ.
Please Pray for:
- Continued success in sharing the Good News of the Gospel through our Projects and for more people to make confessions of faith.
- The Official Opening of Tileagd Assisted Living Facility scheduled for October 19th 2017. New staff and increased budget to support the requests for residents. Construction Costs to July 2017 were £60,941/$79,223 – please support with a special gift towards this work. £25,428 ($33,056) has been received to date.
- Luke Wathen in his full-time role for Smiles as a Development Ambassador. For his schedule of presentations in the UK during September & November this year, then January – March 2018.
- The ongoing discipleship and support work in RAPA as the infrastructure development of Hygiene Unit, Houses and Church is now complete. Employment of the Community Worker who will Teach the Literacy classes.
- JFL Disability Centre operating costs to be covered through donations, fund-raising and sponsorship. Pray this support will continue as we started to operate from April 2017 and the response has been fantastic. A full programme is planned for the month ahead.
- All the plans being made and discussed for 2018. That more people will take the step of faith to ‘GO’ and then plan to ‘COME’ for a Hands On Mission Experience!
- The Capital Funds needed to meet JFL Salonta debt – the final construction costs of the Disability Centre along with loans for the JFL Project over the past 5 years need to be repaid. Today’s total need to clear the debt is £31,945 ($41,528).
- The continuing response and follow up to Sponsorship, Fund-raising and Development. For Barbara and Luke’s work with volunteers and supporters and the follow up of all those interested to know more and to be more involved.
- The UK Head Office – for all the work Dawn undertakes through-out the year.
- That God will reveal Himself to the 1,500 + people we serve in His Name every day in Romania – that through the projects you support, people may come to know the One, True, Living God.